For the 51st week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on a local Tacoma gift shop that has been a part of the community since 2004. This is Crescent Moon Gifts and we are happy to have caught up with the owner Angela.
4EVRGRN: Hey Angela, tell us a little about yourself.
Angela: I'm Angela and I am the founder of Crescent Moon Gifts on 6th Ave. in Tacoma. We are one of the countries top metaphysical stores and carry over 20k items- candles, herbs, incense, gemstones, statuary, oils, etc. I love fantasy (we host 2 large community festivals each year) have a Zoltar machine and a large collection of Harry Potter items at the shop. Our store is a lot of fun for everyone and the new building also has 7 offices to foster other startup businesses- massage, reiki, hypnotherapy, tattoos, and more. I've been in business in Tacoma for 16 years and have a deep-rooted love for the city and the PNW.
Here's How Angela answered our 7 questions...
Then, the 7 questions:
1) What makes business in the PNW different from other places? I believe the PNW has a vibe that is uniquely it's own. While not a native I have lived here over half my life and I am always amazed by people's friendliness here. It's really laid back! All of the small business owners really put their heart and soul into their businesses, they are genuine and creative and it makes for wonderfully diverse business culture.
2) What inspired you to create your shop? I have always had a love of all things fantasy and mythology related. Owning my own store filled with all the things I am interested in was a dream come true, it's really hard work, but definitely rewarding. We carry a lot of body, mind, spirit items as well and it's the best feeling in the world when you can help someone find that perfect item that inspires them to create a better life for themselves.
3) What advice would you give yourself when originally planning your PNW business? I started my business at a table at the Starlight swap meet, 16 years later we have purchased a 15k sq. ft community-building space. I think if I could go back in time I'd tell myself that no matter what obstacles you are presented with if you follow your dreams, you will create something amazing, so never give up!
4) Favorite PNW meal? Seafood! We have some of the best in the world, I'm partial to Duke's on Ruston Way they always have amazing creations with local flavor on their ever-changing seasonal menu.
5) Best place to escape to in the PNW? I really enjoy Leavenworth, it's so different from anywhere else here in WA and the scenery is beautiful year-round. Like a European vacation just a few hours away.
6) Favorite local product? Anything we carry at CMG, LOL! I would also have to say we have some very good coffee here, I'm particularly fond of Bluebeard's Pistolero. Of course, the 253 heart is a fave as well, and there are so many amazing local businesses to support on 6th Ave. and downtown, it's really hard to choose!
7) What makes the PNW unique? The natural beauty of this area is unmatched, you can drive a short bit and be in a rain forest, ocean or desert, or even all 3 in a day if you're really ambitious. There is so much to experience, I have been here over 20 years and still have places yet to visit.
Want to explore the metaphysical? Check our Angela and Crescent Moon Gifts on Instagram!