For the 100th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on another influential individual from the PNW. Julie Knowles is an owner and stylist at Tacoma Curly Salon, safe space for curly hair!
4EVRGRN: Hey, JK! Tell us a little about yourselves.
JK: Hi, I’m Julie a Master Hair Designer, Curly Hair Specialist, Hair Extensions Specialist and Colorist. I have over 20 years of experience working as a Master Hair Stylist for all ethnic hair types.
1. Why is it so important to you to have a dedicated salon to curly natural hair?
JK: Where is a curly girl to go for a great curly cut and color? To us!! There is a huge demand for Curly Hair salons in Washington however there are very few out there. We are also curly girls, and come from a very diverse curly family, so we understand curls very well!! There are so many curly clients out there and they claim that most salons have “no idea” what to do with their wild, unruly locks. We welcome and adore all curls!
2. What is something clients can expect from you they won’t get anywhere else?
JK: The best Curly Cut they’ve ever had and our fabulous Conditioning Cocktail.
3. The PNW has changing seasons and all kinds of weather, what’s one tip everyone should know to keep their hair PNW proof?
JK: Keep your hair healthy and moisturized year round by using a good sulfate free shampoo and moisturizing conditioner. Maintaining regular trims will make a huge difference!
4. Favorite local product?
JK: I love the fruits and vegetables from local farms!
5. You also travel to do hair, what is the first thing you do when you get back in the PNW?
JK: Hug our families and dogs!
6. What is something you see people in the PNW doing that you refuse to do?
JK: I’m open to try anything once!
7. Best meal in the PNW?
JK: I’ve noticed there are a lot of fabulous Asian restaurants around the PNW. I love the Thai, Indian, Korean, and other ethnic restaurants.
Follow Tacoma Curly Salon on IG @tacomacurlysalon you won't want to miss shop dog @littlecardilee you can book an appointment at www.tacomacurlysalon.com