Week 14 - Sharon Carr
For the 14th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on Pacific Northwest artist and Painter Sharon Carr.
4EVRGRN: Hey Sharon, tell us a little about yourself.
SC: I was born in Washington, I have lived within a 40-mile radius my entire life. Right now, my artwork is on display at Gallery Row in Gig Harbor, Clarke & Clarke Art + Artifacts on Mercer Island, and The Art Project on Bainbridge Island. I took up painting later in life after receiving a bad grade in art as a youth.
Here’s how Sharon answered our 7 Questions…
1. What makes the PNW unique? Things that I think make the NW unique are that we have saltwater, mountains, rain and a casual outlook on life.
2. Where’s your favorite escape in the PNW? My favorite escape is taking the dog and our little RV up to Port Townsend for the night. I love the smell of the saltwater and a walk on the beach. Don’t like taking a wet sandy Dog back into the RV.
3. Best meal in the PNW? My current favorite restaurant is Cactus in the Proctor District.
4. What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? If my visitors have never been to the Pacific Coast, I think that they must go out to the ocean. The other thing I highly recommend is to take the Washington State Ferry into Seattle.
5. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? The thing I miss most when I am out of the state is (here it comes again) saltwater!
6. Favorite PNW activity? This won’t surprise you, going to the beach is my favorite activity.
7. Best local product? The best local product: ART!