Week 15 - Leah Thompson
For the 15th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on Pacific Northwest native, wife, mother and owner of Leah’s Soapbox, Leah Thompson.
4EVRGRN: Hey Leah, tell us a little about yourself.
LT: A little about myself, I'm a stay at home mom of two cute little boys (10 months and 4 years old). I also own and run my own business The Soap Box, I guess I really like to challenge myself because being a mom is hard work and being an entrepreneur is definitely not for the faint of heart. I've enjoyed growing my business and formulating new soaps and natural bath and body products over the last 4 years specifically for those (like me) who have sensitive skin and require better products that don't break the bank. I love how I can include my family in my work and have them join me at farmers markets/festivals/holiday markets, that's the best part, getting knee deep in the community and having the opportunity to connect with a variety of people!
Here’s how Leah answered our 7 Questions…
1. Best PNW Childhood Memory: Camping with my family on the Peninsula: Staying in Port Townsend at Fort Worden, Hurricane Ridge, Camping in the Olympic Rain forest, Going out to Neah Bay/Cape Flattery.
2. Favorite PNW Season: Summer/Fall I love how enjoyably warm it is in the summer and the smell of blackberries and warm greenery but nothing beats the beautiful changing colors of all the trees in the fall and the smell of rain!
3. Wildest PNW Experience: Seeing Orca Whales off the Ferry going into Seattle!
4. Best Misconception you've heard about the PNW: That we never use Umbrellas, I mean of course, we use Umbrellas... just maybe not EVERY time it rains, we're not made of sugar.
5. Best meal in the PNW: Honestly you can't beat home smoked freshly caught salmon but if you're going out to eat, I can't get enough of Mee Sum Dumplings/Bao
6. Favorite Random PNW fact: The Cascade Arc has over 20 major volcanoes and over 4,000 volcanic vents! I find Volcanoes super fascinating
7. One thing every PNWer does that you refuse to do? Drink microbrews or smoke cannabis, it's not my scene but more power to you if you do!
We wish Leah and her family a multitude of success in the future. Check her out on IG @leahssoapbox and at www.leahssoapbox.com