For the 17th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on PNW native, singer and actress Alexandria Henderson.
4EVRGRN: Hey Alexandria, tell us a little about yourself.
AH: I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music - Vocal Performance, I was Joanne in RENT with The Public Theater of San Antonio. I played Elle Woods in Legally Blonde with Showtunes Theatre Company, Ali in The 5th Avenue Theatre's production of Mamma Mia! and Lorrell Robinson in Dreamgirls at Village Theatre (won the 2017 Gregory Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Musical).
Here's how Alexandria answered our 7 questions...
1. What makes the PNW unique? So many things, but I think it ultimately comes down to the fact that we have all four seasons and so many different terrains. Everyone thinks of rain when they think of the PNW, but since the region is comprised of Oregon, Idaho, AND Washington, people may be surprised to learn that we are not just forest, but also desert areas.
2. Where’s your favorite escape in the PNW? In my immediate locale, I can go to 5-mile-drive in Ruston or the Tacoma Waterfront to escape, but I also love Smith Rock in Terrebonne, OR.
3. Best meal in the PNW? My go to's are either Dick's in Seattle or Pick-Quick in Fife.
4. What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? Touristy things are great (Pike Place, Museum of Glass, Space Needle, Voodoo Doughnuts, etc) but be sure to hit up your PNW locals to find off-the-beaten-path things to do.
5. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? I went to San Antonio recently and missed pho SO MUCH. It's go-to comfort food in dreary weather, and especially when I'm not feeling well.
6. Favorite PNW activity? Motown Mondays at Bar Sue in Seattle. Not only is it a fun type of workout, but the music is jammin' and it's a good time to hang with friends.
7. Best local product? KombuchaYum is from Lakewood, WA and it's delicious!
Keep an eye out for Alexandria and her performances! Follow her on IG @missajhenderson