Week 25 - Tyra Davis
For the 25th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on Seattle resident and mental health advocate Tyra Davis.
4EVRGRN: Hey Ty, tell us a little about yourself.
T: Peace yall! I'm Tyra but mostly folks call me Ty. My pronouns are She/Her and I am a daughter, sister, friend, supporter, and lover born on the east coast. Seattle has been my home for over 20 years now. I started in the Central District and am currently in South Seattle.I'm currently wrapping up the last details in my Second Annual Mental Health Retreat next weekend. It is a 3 day get a way from reality for folks who want to heal and possibly be out of their comfort zone. The retreat has a paint session, yoga & meditation class, heart circle, volleyball, basketball, trail walks, and more. My next retreat I'm aiming for will hopefully be in January.
Here's How Ty answered our 7 questions...
1. What makes the PNW unique? The artists, family owned businesses, hiking trails, and POC (People Of Color) makes the PNW very unique.
2. Where’s your favorite escape in the PNW? I love hitting Sam Smith Park up in the CD and going through the I-90 Tunnel, have a seat and read some comics.
3. Best meal in the PNW? I would say, Pho? Lol our seafood joints our here are cool too.
4. What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? Definitely visit NAAM (Northwest African American Museum)! Also come to Seattle during the Summer, there are a ton of more events during that time. There are a handful of night markets, day parties, block parties, shows, and more.
5. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? Our air pollution hahahaha
6. Favorite PNW activity? To be honest my favorite activities out here in the PNW are POC lead Events! That can be anything from block parties, art shows, work shops, poetry slams, pop ups, day parties and way more other things.
7. Best local product? My current favorite local products are definitely from Avenue South! I use a lot of their seasonings on my salmon and chicken! They also have body butter and other products. Visit their site at Avenuesouthshop.com
Thank you to Ty for sharing with us! If you're interested in learning more about her mental health retreats and mental health services. follow her IG @lanaemisfit !