Week 27 - Elizabeth Benavidez
For the 27th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on another one of our team members here at 4EVRGRN. She's a fighter, friend, daughter, sister, aunt, dog mom, biggest Philadelphia Eagles fan on the planet and our PR Manager. This is Elizabeth Benavidez!
4EVRGRN: Hey Elizabeth, tell us a little about yourself.
E: Hey, I’m Liz I was born on Fort Lewis and grew up in the Tacoma area. As many people know I am currently battling a rare form of cancer, Langerhans cell Histiocytosis. I am the PR Manager here at 4Evrgrn which I love because the clothing is dope, high quality at a budget price which I’m all about! I am also finishing my bachelors degree and spend my free time with my family and Eagles crew.
1. Best meal in the PNW? Pub Steak from West End Bar and Grill in Tacoma! It’s always what I want last day of chemo. Medium rare with a loaded baked potato, bread stick, and salad with ginger sesame dressing or mac and cheese depending on my mood!
2. What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? Get lost, go to a farmers market in a quirky town. There’s so much to do here leave the guide at home, you have a GPS to get back. There’s some of the best spots to see and experience hidden in our mountains, oceans, lakes, rivers, rain forest, valleys, desert...you get the idea.
3. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? Bigfoot Java - their sugar free mythical mocha with almond milk is my PNW coffee indulgence.
4. Favorite PNW activity? Easy! Local music!! You can go to any venue, bar, coffee house, where ever in the PNW and hear amazing live music. It’s what I grew up around. I worked with so many acts that are now nationally touring or saw shows with only 5 other people of songs that will never be heard again but we’re better than radio. It’s a huge culture here and there’s a surprising amount of diversity so if you’re looking for entertainment in the PNW, go local!
5. Wildest PNW experience? That I can speak about publicly? I spent a lot of time browsing the PNW on tour and found a lot of weird things walking train tracks to take photos. I’d tell my parents I was at a friends house but was really sleeping in a buddy’s van in Idaho for a show in a church basement where I sold merch and took photos. It’s not bad growing up PNW!
6. Best misconception you’ve heard about the PNW? That everyone is healthy! Maybe that’s more of a west coast identity but it’s weird to me the PNW food culture is not health oriented like it’s often portrayed.
7. One thing you want the world to know about the PNW? There’s a lot of @philadelphiaeagles fans who meet up in #Tacoma @northwestbirdgang like Bigfoot but better cause #FlyEaglesFly
Thank you to Elizabeth for sharing with us and being such a dope team member! Want to learn more about her awesomeness? Take a look at her Instagram @flylizfly or take a look at the 4EVRGRN gear and see :)
Oh yeah, she wants to remind you to use her code AMBASSADORLIZ10 for a 10% discount!