For the 29th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on another influential individual from the PNW. He's served as a member of our US Armed forces in the Air National Guard. He's a fitness trainer, lover of anime, husband and dog dad. This is Frederick Wingate @thecoachfred .
4EVRGRN: Hey Fred, tell us a little about yourself.
FW: I’m a prop service airman currently apart of the Air national guard living in Lakewood, Washington. I have previous experience in personal training through education, work, and personal business, but I’ve currently found my calling as the HR director and intern director for the Kandiid App. Currently a part of a new start up, my team and I are on a journey to put Tacoma on the map for tech startups.
1.What makes the PNW unique? Diversity in the PNW makes it one of a kind. Not only for networking, but food, culture, and a diversity of business make it a place to expand in.
2. Where’s your favorite escape in the PNW? This might be a little different answer than expected, but fort Steilacoom dog park. It allows to me to just get away from people for a little and spend time alone with my dogs.
3. Best meal in the PNW? Farrelli’s at Ruston has the cheapest happy hour with the best view.
4. What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? Pike’s place is a must see. It’s just everything Seattle stands for in one location and you can’t get enough of it.
5. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? I miss the fall weather. Even through it rains a lot, you just can’t beat the 50-60 degree cool with sunshine.
6. Favorite PNW activity? Exploring new restaurants with my wife is easily the most fun we have. There is always something new and a new cuisine we haven’t dove into yet.
7.Best local product? It has to be the coffee right? There is such a diversity and competition here that a business can just serve average stuff. So it’s great everywhere.
Thank you to Fred for sharing with us! If you're looking at meeting your health and fitness goals, you should look him up!