For the 48th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on an individual who has created a space of teaching and education in textiles. This is Naarah McDonald Co-Owner of The Productivity Parlour!
4EVRGRN: Hey NM, tell us a little about yourself.
NM: I am originally from California, but moved up here over 25 years ago. I have raised two children in Tacoma, Washington.
I co-own Productivity Parlour for Artful Living. We are Tacoma's first textile maker space teaching folks how to sew and provide alterations and custom designs.
Here's How Naarah answered our 7 questions...
1. What makes the PNW unique? The PNW feels small town with access to natural beauty and all the convenience of metropolitan areas. It really has something for everyone.
2. Where’s your favorite escape in the PNW? My go to place is Point Defiance Park, the second largest park in the country. You can go from the beach to forest and be steeped in history.
3. Best meal in the PNW? There are amazing local restaurants everywhere you turn in PNW, but I am partial to the Fried Noodles at LeLe in Tacoma.
4. What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? There are amazing museums in the PNW that are not to be missed, but I still recommend that folks go to Point Defiance and learn about it's history. It second only in size to Central Park and incorporates multiple terrains to explore. You get all of the PNW in 760 acres.
5. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? I miss the trees and green when outside the PNW.
6. Favorite PNW activity? My favorite activities are walking or biking. You see more when you get out of your car and really explore neighborhoods.
7. Best local product? There are some truly amazing small businesses in the PNW. I love Tease Chocolates! They have the most decadent range of treats.