For the 52nd week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on a an up and coming business out of DuPont, WA. The owner is a wife and boy mom with her eyes on the prize. This is the owner of Mama with a Paintbrush, Madison Saldivar.
4EVRGRN: Hey Madison, tell us a little about yourself.
MWP: Hi, I’m Madison, owner of Mama With A Paint Brush. I live in DuPont and am a military wife and am enjoying life as a boy mom after having my son in March 2019. I was formerly a cosmetologist but decided to turn my restoration hobby into a business so that I could spend more time with my family. I love transforming old furniture into something new or giving a room a new look, the homeowner can be proud of. I have an Associate of Arts degree from Pierce College and am currently studying Interior Design at the New York Institute of Art and Design. Through my Etsy shop, I create various items including signs, garden markers, hats, and more as well as custom commission jobs.
Here's How Madison answered our 7 questions...
1. What’s your favorite part of owning a business in the PNW? With owning a business in the PNW- I often have requested to design things that often include the trees & mountains scenery that we are lucky to be exposed to every day. I love that it gets to be apart of my art and everyday “job”.
2. Best meal in the PNW? Hmmmm- the best meal in the PNW. Do the fair fisher scones count? HAHA
3. Favorite local product? All of our local coffee stands, ️Especially Topside Coffee Cabin and their bar and grill
4. How do you incorporate the PNW into your brand? The PNW gets incorporated into a lot of my signs. I have signs for sale at Topside Coffee Cabin in Steilacoom, WA and those are mostly PNW AND Steilacoom related.
5. What do you miss most when you’re outside the PNW? The scenery and weather!!!!! I don’t realize how good we have it here until I go out of town and then come back. I love all of our mountains and trees.
6. What's your favorite PNW escape? Seabrook at the beach.
7. One thing every PNWer does that you refuse to do? Probably ride the Seattle Ferris wheel.
Want to see what Madison is working on next? Want to add some handmade works to your collection? You can find Mama With A Paintbrush on Instagram.