Week 54 - Douglas Barclift
For the 54th week of "7 QUESTION SUNDAY" we shine the spotlight on a gentleman who has one hell of a business! A MOBILE PADDLE BOARD COMPANY! This is Douglas Barclift of Big Bus Paddlesports!
4EVRGRN: Hey Douglas, tell us a little about yourself.
DB: I am Douglas, I own Big Bus Paddlesports, and we offer paddleboard rentals out of a one of a kind renovated school bus. The bus is currently parked on Ruston way just north of Harbor Lights and The Ram. The best way to find us is on instagram I post our location and water conditions every morning and we are open from 9a- to 6p Tues-Sunday. We are mobile so its best to follow us on Instagram. We also accommodate private parties and hope to start sunrise/sunset group paddles soon as well. Outside of the bus, I'm a dad to two amazing little girls, a climber, a backcountry snowboarder, and a veteran. I volunteer my time with Soul River Inc and Climbers of Color. I believe wholeheartedly that the outdoors should be accessible to everyone.
Here's How Doug answered our 7 questions...
2) What’s the one thing anyone who visits must see or do? Get a cup of coffee at the very first Starbucks in Pike Place Market and buy a bouquet of fresh flowers to give to some you love.
3) One thing every PNWer does that you refuse to do? I absolutely refuse to wear socks with sandals. Come on folks, just put on some shoes.
4) Favorite PNW season? Summer! But...shhh, I don't like telling people because too many people know and the outdoors are getting packed!
5) Wildest PNW experience? Wildest? Because I am a foodie, one of my most memorable was eating at The HerbFarm. Everything was so thoughtfully executed, it was like watching and experiencing a culinary magic show. I am still in ahhhh over it.
6) Favorite local product? Theo's dark chocolate 70% with ginger. It is the perfect balance of dark chocolate with a touch of spicy, pepper-y, lemon-y taste. I eat it solo with a cup of tea.
7) Best meal in the PNW? Have to say, Blue Ginger Korean BBQ is definitely one of my favorites. The Korean BBQ meal is meant for gathering with people you enjoy over grilling your own meat and eating all the banchan until you get stuffed.
Want to get out on the water and paddle along? Hit up Doug on the Big Bus Paddlesports Instagram!